logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Trusted Sources for Digital Geo-Fencing, Redirect, Behavioral Ads

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
4 posts
Mark V. Zinda
Report Abuse

I'm currently drafting 2015 marketing plans for a furniture retailer with 3 locations and a moving & storage company marketing B2C and B2B.  Wanted to utilize new digital approaches.  A number of vendors all profess to have the answers:  Hearst Broadcasting, Dex Media, WorldNow, along with every local newspaper, TV & Radio station.  Even have a new start-up out of Baltimore/Philadelphia (Enradius.com) in the mix.

Is there a trusted source you could recommend for guidance?

Member 3894
Report Abuse

Most ones that you've listed can do all the things you want.  I think it simply comes down to relationships and understanding the partner's targeting platform. B2B - you might want to look at Bizo.  They are now joined up with LinkedIn and can target specific job titles/geographies/companies, etc.  For B2C, you need to work with a company that offers transparency in terms of the sites they run on and work with them to develop the best targeting strategy that you both feel like will work.  Shop around and you'll be able to negotiate the CPMs down a little more.  Maybe check out MaxPoint or Gamut for advanced local targeting capabilities. Hope this helps!

Jay Friedman
Report Abuse

Mark - I'm typically the guy our sales team calls in when we need to tell a client that Santa Claus doesn't exist.  This is one of those times.  I'd be happy to give you an overview of geo-fencing and anything else digital such that you understand the full technical nature.  Once you know that, you'll be able to ask the right questions and find that - likely - none of them can really deliver a full plan for what you want.  jay @ goodwaygroup . com

Draper - a couple notes.  Yes, Bizo is great but they are shutting down the cookie side of it.  It's the only great B2B cookie data source and it will be gone within a few months.  I'm not familiar with Gamut, but I'm very familiar with MaxPoint.  I never say anything negative about any specific vendor, but be very skeptical of anyone who tells you they can hyper-local target.  We produced an entire video just to show our clients how hyper-local geo-targeting works and it was pretty eye-opening for most who saw it.

Mark V. Zinda
Report Abuse

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your input.  It's greatly appreciated.

Jay, I'll be in-touch directly with you the week of Dec 29.

Mark

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):