logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

School Marketing Experience?

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
4 posts
KarenTellalian
Report Abuse

We have a new client, a small, rural school district foundation, seeking help with branding including its mission and values statements. I'm currently working on a questionnaire for the board, teachers, and administrators to complete, but wondering if anyone here has experience working with schools?

Any help is appreciated.

Brian Winkeler
Report Abuse

I’ve done work for my alma mater (a modestly-sized Catholic high school) over the past 15 years and we built and launched a brand campaign for them two years ago, which we’ve continued in short bursts. Give me a shout at brian@robothousecreative.com if you’d like to see details.

Brian Maciej
Report Abuse

Include discussion about the approval process with your client for each step of your campaign.  This can dramatically affect how long each step takes and what your investment in time will be.  Projects that require committee approval will take longer than one that an executive can sign off on. If the school board or foundation board is involved plan on more time and more formal presentations.

If your branding includes anything visual, the school will be very interested in a well developed brand standards guide. It may be new to them but in my experience it will ensure good brand stewardship in years to come.  Schools like investments that can serve them for years.

In addition, I have found recent graduates are good resources for input as their experience with the school is fresh and possibly more meaningful than that of a board member who may have graduated a few decades ago.

KarenTellalian
Report Abuse

Thank you Brian and Brian - I appreciate the advice. We are actually working with the Foundation which is a code name for "committee."  They have signed off on the need for a brand audit, and potentially a new name and mission statement and subsequent new identity and brand standards!

Brian Winkeler, if that offer is still good I'd love to take you up on that!

Thank you both so much,

Karen

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):