logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Medical marketing

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
7 posts
terry4182
Report Abuse

Hello everybody - we have the opportunity to work with a company that is marketing a licensed procedure/method to physicians. If anyone has experience and ideas on how to effectively reach doctors, we'd love to hear any suggestions. Thanks --

Member 3233
Report Abuse

Hey, Terry. Docs are notoriously tough to reach. The front desk is the gatekeeper, and flat mail is unlikely to get through. Online presents its own problems, since docs don't spend a lot of time in that space, but they do tend to Tweet a lot. Twitter might be a good place to start—a regular engagement strategy supplemented by ads. Also, you might want to use one of the online finders to track down the hottest medical forums and engage with those. Not sure how RNs figure into the equation, but they might be easier to target with premiums and promos...

Video might also work well depending on the product. If it's really innovative and you can come up with an idea for a series (multiple videos increases viewership exponentially) you might get some traction. But you'd still have to promote it, at least initially. Maybe give away some insane luxury item, like a Patek Phillipe?

Gimme a shout if you wanna talk. And good luck!

todd2934
Report Abuse

Hi Terry,

I have a unique perspective as my wife is a physician. I can help shed some light on how an office works and some unique ways to reach a physician.

Todd

bob4030
Report Abuse

Terry, although our situation is a little different, we did need to get a message to surgeons about a unique coating application for surgical equipment. We placed ads in several publications that reached orthopedic surgeons to build awareness of this new application. We also submitted press releases to these publications and through online wire services. All backed up by a new website with landing pages where you could order samples and testing of the product. End results were excellent.

Member 3498
Report Abuse

Hi Terry,
We've had great results from trade shows sponsored by professional organizations, such as the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), targeted to the specific markets our client's medical devices apply to. Most shows offer direct mail/email lists so you can communicate to the attendees pre and post show as well as show collateral and sponsorships. Lead generation can often be slow as physicians for the most part are late adopters. However, it can still be a faster approach to the market than traditional avenues. Once leads are captured, they can be managed in Salesforce.com and potentially worked toward a future sale by consistent email touches. Some physicians don't use email a lot, but we still find that the effort is worth it given the low cost. With physicians, very often a peer to peer clinical program works to inform with cited claims. Also, we engage with nurses and administrators where possible. If your procedure can be accomplished by a nurse, they are strong advocates for patient care and could be a dynamic group of evangelists that spur adoption through alternate channels. Good Luck!

Jeffrey Tarnoff
Report Abuse

Hi,

We work exclusively with physicians, and I'd be happy to chat with you if you're still looking for feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at jt@aventineco.com.

Regards,
Jeffrey

terry4182
Report Abuse

Hey it's Terry here - sorry for this late response. Shame on me for not checking up, I thought I set the email alert. Either way, thanks very much for your help, and I will be contacting you for more!

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):