logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Agency Name Change

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
4 posts
LauraTobin
Report Abuse

Gallinghouse & Associates is a 27 year old full service agency named after and run by its founder. We use a descriptor (usually) with the name that says "Advertising. Marketing. Public Relations;" on our website, it's "Advertising. Marketing. Thinking."

We're getting ready to redesign our logo and are considering a name change at the same time. There is some thought that we should drop "& Associates" from the name and simply call ourselves "Gallinghouse" with the descriptor. Some think "& Associates" sounds too much like a law firm. There is also some thought about adding "Advertising" or "Marketing" or "Communications" to Gallinghouse. We don't want to get away from the Gallinghouse name because of the equity in that name and also for SEO purposes. There are pros and cons to any other word we'd put with the name, I think.

Any advice or other words of wisdom from those that have undertaken similar name changes?

SeanHickey
Report Abuse

We had a similar quandary -- after nearly 20 years going by three last names, we wanted to avoid the law firm connotation as well. So we went from Peterson Williams Bizer to simply PWB Marketing Communications. It helped that we owned the three-letter domain name. In hindsight, the transition actually made us more memorable and easy to get a handle on for clients.

Member 204
Report Abuse

I agree that Associates sounds old and not really like an agency
To emphasize the word GALLINGHOUSE, would be good, but you would need a brand statement (tag line)

I have a discovery process I use just for agencies. Call me and we can talk.

bigbuzzKEV
Report Abuse

Agreed and should be advertising or Gailinghouse Communications

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):