logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Stock photo subscriptions

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
6 posts
Mary Fisher
Report Abuse

We currently use Think Stock for our subscription service. $2499 for 250 photos, that need to be used within 12 months. The photos are pretty good. Do you all know of a better service you like more?

JeffKlingberg
Report Abuse

There are tons of royalty free photo, illustration and video services. Full service like Getty Images and microstock services like Shutterstock. ThinkStock is a service that is an amalgam multiple Getty Images properties including Getty's main site and iStockPhoto.

I don't know how frequently you buy photos, illustrations or vectors for your client work. But there are three basic models: buying a set of credits to use as needed; pay a subscription fee for "X" number of downloads per month; and $ per image. The last one is based on the size of the image typically.

Does your firm use Adobe Creative Cloud? If yes, you can add Adobe Stock to your subscription. The minimum is $9.99 pm for 10 images. Unused image downloads are rolled over each month for up to 12 months. Adobe Stock was created when Adobe bought Fotolia and DollarPhotoClub. Fotolia is still a going concern, and you buy on a per image basis, and typically they are "premium" images. Adobe Stock has started to include premium images in the main service for an additional per image fee.

Here are a bunch of other services.
Depositphotos
Dreamstime
Alamy
123RF
CanStock
Dissolve
Glow Images
MasterFile
Shutterstock
Stockfresh
Stocksy
SuperStock
Twenty20
BigStockPhotos
PureStock
Inmagine

DGreen
Report Abuse

We used ShutterStock for several years. They have been both pricey and problematic. We recently transitioned to Adobe Stock (as we were already using Adobe Creative Cloud). We are about 60 days in, but have been very pleased thus far.

-dG

RButler
Report Abuse

How do you account for the cost? Do you bill back a certain amount to the client project or just chalk it up to agency overhead?

Mary Fisher
Report Abuse

RButler we typically charge $65 per stock photo. We have a disclaimer.

Royalty free stock photography- most photos are $65 per high resolution photo

Most photos average $65-$125 each, but can be more expensive due to size or source. All photos bought for this project can be reused for other projects we create for you at no additional cost

Mary Fisher
Report Abuse

We ended up with Thinkstock I think I pay something like $1499 a year for 250 photos. If you don't use them, you lose them. I will typically go through that amount before the end of the year.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):