logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Presentation Software

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
6 posts
Michael Bielski
Report Abuse

What are others using for presentations? Keynote? Prezi? As an agency feel we should be doing more than linear PPT files, ability to share online, etc, but concerned that Prezi is a large learning curve for the account and new business teams to prepare and use. What are you doing, what works?

Jodi Ramsbacher
Report Abuse

Good question. We are primarily using Keynote but also looked into Prezi and for some of the same reasons have not used. Interested if anyone else chimes in!

Andy Jacobs
Report Abuse

I have used Prezi successfully for a number of years.  And yes the learning curve is there but no more than anyone learning power point for the first time or any Office module for that matter.  Plus there are tutorials, plenty of templates, etc.  It really does dazzle the senses and presents the material much more effectively.

chris1764
Report Abuse

Agree on Prezi. I have been using it for pitches and high level proposals. When it gets into the nitty gritty, I move to PPT (previously keynote, but is less friendly with multiple authors).

A good way to start with Prezi is to import your ppt slides into prezi and you can get used to moving around the slides that way. But you should wean yourself off pretty quickly as Prezi itself has much better design capabilities. Also, much like PPT, you can create a "master prezi" and then have your team customize from there. So, not everyone has to "master" it.

Steve Gentile
Report Abuse

IMO Keynote is by far the cleanest and sharpest looking design wise. It's easy to use in terms of aligning photos/copy, making shapes, adding graphs, cropping photos etc. You can even save as a PowerPoint and of course a .PDF

thomas_prikryl
Report Abuse

I would only add that one needs to be careful in being too glitzy with a presentation.  Your ideas should wow the client, not your presentation software.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):