logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Asana Project Management software

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
11 posts
Francis Acunzo
Report Abuse

We have been using basecamp for the past 10 years and want to switch to a better platform.  Has anyone used Asana?  Are you pleased with its capabilities?

lauriekay
Report Abuse

Hi Francis:

I've spoken with a few member agencies who use Asana and they seem pleased. I'm not sure it has all the functionality that some agencies need/want but I believe it has more than Basecamp. If you are seeking alternatives, be sure to check these other popular agency systems:

Function Point
Function Fox
Current Track (by Developware)
Workamajig
ADvantage
Wrike
TeamWork

There are also others out there (but the names escape me) so hopefully they will be shared through additional responses.

Laurie

Vince
Report Abuse

Hi Francis. Huge question. Do you want the PM and Accounting in one database or do you insist on having separate software programs to run your shop? Sincerely, Vince

Francis Acunzo
Report Abuse

Laurie,

Thank you for your response, great appreciated!

FXA

Francis Acunzo
Report Abuse

Vince,

We don't need / want our PM and Accounting to be in one system.  An interface with QB could be helpful but not sure that it's necessary.

FXA

Vince
Report Abuse

Hi Francis. I am not sure how important accurate numbers are to you in your agency. Agencies using two systems are not getting real numbers in terms of both financial reporting AND cost/management accounting particularly when it comes to profitability by project or client, which brings me to the various definitions of the word "PROFIT". I only have one definition but in my travels over the years, it is interesting how there seems to be a different derivation of it each time I visit and agency.

In addition, QB missing half of the information to determine true profitability by client/project.

Lastly, in a two system agency,  the person doing the accounting does not have much knowledge of what is happening at the PM level and relies on his/her manual intuition of trying their best to keep current and maintain accuracy. This takes a lot of manual time!

I'd be pleased to explain this further with you.

Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Vince

Francis Acunzo
Report Abuse

Vince,

Thanks for your additional information.  Are you in the Agency software business?  If so, it would be great to catch up.  My direct email is facunzo@acarapartners.com.

Angela Harless
Report Abuse

We use Clients and Profits for media and accounting and we have been using WorkZone for a little over a year for project management. It was a big change going to electronic project management, but everyone is happy we made the change and it has definitely improved efficiencies. https://www.workzone.com/

Angela Harless
Report Abuse

Oh, forgot to mention, for website development project management we use Trello and have recently started using Planner, which is the Microsoft version of Trello.

All of our time tracking is still in Clients and Profits but we found Trello/Planner and WorkZone to be nice compliments.

Francis Acunzo
Report Abuse

Thank you that's very helpful.  I think we're about to sign with Workzone.  I take a look at Trello.

Bill Patrick
Report Abuse

I have not seen Workzone or Trello but we went to Function Point and Quickbooks two years ago and have been relatively happy.  I've also had a few years experience with ADvantage so feel free to contact if you need any opinions on either of those.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):