logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:
AE College: Spring

GDPR for Your Agency

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
4 posts
lauriekay
Report Abuse

Has anyone implemented the new practices related to GDPR for their agency? If so, we'd like to know a bit about the process you undertook to become compliant. I've already spoken with a few members who have met the requirements but would like to gather input from others.

Thanks,

Laurie

Member 7844
Report Abuse

I'd love to know, too. At this point, we're debating whether it is actually an issue for us.

Rizen Creative
Report Abuse

Laurie,

I find myself reading every article I can to be a good steward to my company and my clients. While I am cautiously optimistic that the firestorm of emails that came through last week, the follow-up articles that I have read, it seems, updating your privacy policy with human speak to tell customers how and where you use their data is one of the best practices. That, and who and how to contact the person responsible for customer data in the event an inquiry comes in. As an additional practice, we have resorted to fine print on forms on websites to indicate that the personal data submitted is only for the use of that request. Not sure if any of this is helpful. I am very interested in seeing the next few months and what fallout happens due to GDPR. I suspect that not much will change, but this marketer continues to look over his shoulder to be aware and adjust as needed.

Best regards,

Ron Baker / Helping underdogs win.

jen_neumann
Report Abuse

Hi Laurie - here's the piece we wrote to help our clients (and others) as it relates to marketing. http://blog.thinkdenovo.com/a-digital-marketers-checklist-for-gdpr

We've gotten a lot of feedback that it has been helpful and it makes a complex subject understandable.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):