logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Scrubbing Email Lists for GDPR Compliance

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
4 posts
Susan
Report Abuse

We have a client with an email database that in many cases only has email addresses and no country associated. Does anyone know of any tools/resources/vendors that can query the email addresses against a database to determine if those addresses are US or EU? Thanks for any suggestions.

lauriekay
Report Abuse

Hi Susan:

I investigated this a little bit for another purpose a couple of years ago. Services like InfoUSA offer email append services which are typically designed to add an email address to a ground mail record. However, if they can do that, possibly they can do it the other way. The only hitch I see is that even if a company's domain originates in the US, you have no way of confirming that all of their employees/contacts are located in the US.They may have some that work overseas and I think that would be hard to tell that from an email address/domain.

It may be worth a call to InfoUSA or a similar provider to see what they can do.

Laurie

Member 215
Report Abuse

Hi Susan,

I have a contact at Exact Data (similar to InfoUSA) who is great to work with. Let me know if you're interested and I'll pass his information along.

Melissa

Susan
Report Abuse

Hi Laurie and Melissa-

We've talked to both InfoUSA and Exact Data and while neither had EXACTLY what we were hoping to find, I think we'll be able to find a program that will work. Thanks for your help!

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):