logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Mavenlink

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
8 posts
David Sauter
Report Abuse

We are reviewing Mavenlink as a Project and Resource Management alternative to Workamajig.  Seeking anyones feedback with experience using Mavenlink!

Vince
Report Abuse

Good morning David. It's Vince Dong. I am curious as to why you are considering a switch out of the Jig. I work with 4 PM/Accounting systems in the industry.

What needs do you have there are not being serviced by the Jig?

Sincerely,

Vince

David Sauter
Report Abuse

The Jig is going through the Platinum transition and although promising we are taking the moment to evaluate.  The last Jig was a struggle (they made a bad call to build it in Flash).  We also try and evaluate the SaaS space every so often to see what is new.  Mavenlink is promising both as a tool and the way they are approaching the space.  We are in a growth phase and now would be the time if we are going to make a change.  Does that help?  What else can I share?

Vince
Report Abuse

Good morning David. The Platinum version has been around for close to 2 years now. What do you feel in Platinum is not up to snuff? I'd be happy to jump on the phone with you to have an initial needs assessment call. Sincerely, Vince

Lauren Terey
Report Abuse

I'm also curious about Mavenlink! We are currently using WMJ and have been using it for about 8 years. To me, the platinum version is only offering a slightly upgraded interface - not a huge leap in functionality.

I recently demo'd Mavenlink and liked the resource allocation functionality better than WMJ. And their resource forecasting and capacity reports were really great!

I had a hard time with financial reporting though. And moving away from WMJ will mean finding a new accounting platform as well. I don't mind though - we are ready for a change!

juan_gomez
Report Abuse

We just switched from MavenLink to Workamajig. :) MavenLink has a fairly slick model for schedule management/gant charts, however, it's completely disconnected from the financial dimension and many of the reports are questionable because they tap into a 3rd party app called INSIGHTS so the reports are not native and typically refresh after 24 hours, so the data is not always accurate. In addition, the integration with Quickbooks was not working 3 months ago, but they promoted the product as working.  They also don't offer support, much of the support is pre-buying hours at $150-$300 p/h.

Lauren Terey
Report Abuse

@Juan - super helpful insight - thank you!!

Mindy
Report Abuse

We had Mavenlink for a couple of years and we never fully utilized it.  It is extremely robust and more than most agencies need in my opinion.  We are back to Clients and Profits which also connects back to the financial system as a cross check which is extremely helpful.  Mavenlink is disconnected from the financial system.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):