logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:
Planning for Agency Succession

Assigning & tracking tasks

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
8 posts
Diane A
Report Abuse

Hi there,

I'm semi-new to the marketing industry (5 mo) and still continuing to learn a lot.  As I review and evaluate our process (I am Dir of Ops so that is what I've been doing a lot of) around assigning and tracking tasks by our project managers, I am feeling that there is room for improvement.  We mostly take notes in Google Docs and tag people to assigned tasks.  Those tagged people will get an auto-generated email from Google letting them know they were tagged in a doc and have an action item.  It is then their responsibility to go into the doc, see what the action item is, and take action on it, also informing the PM when it is complete (or ask for more time).  We are in the process of testing Workamajig to see if it can help with our project management of tasks; however, it seems there are several exceptions making this tool not entirely user-friendly.

I'll be attending the May workshop on efficiencies with one of my PM's so I'll be able to pick some brains there but in the meantime, I'd love to hear how some of you are assigning and tracking tasks for projects.

Thank you! Diane

Rizen Creative
Report Abuse

Hi Diane! We utilize Asana for our PM tool. It's quite efficient and user-friendly, works very well for our team.

Misty Boggs
Report Abuse

Hey Diane, I feel your struggle! In my small office we are taking the opportunity to rework our assignment process. We have recently made the switch to Monday.com and it has been amazing to set up pipelines, tasks, due dates, onboarding, etc. They just released a Dashboard feature which helps you see everything at a glance.

Hope you are able to find what works for your team!

Vince
Report Abuse

Hi Diane. Happy to jump on a call with you regarding your agency's needs. I will also be attending the ops conference in May. Sincerely, Vince

Diane A
Report Abuse

Hi Vince,

Yes, that sounds great.  My email is dabig@gmail.com.  Please feel free to reach out to so we can schedule a time to chat.

Thanks!

Vince
Report Abuse

Diane. Would you please double check your email address?

MorganDitto
Report Abuse

Hi Diane- I've been with Kinetic for almost 4 years now, and have experienced a multitude of processes and systems to support those processes. We currently use Workamajig, and love it. It comes with its quirks, but works very well. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have! Feel free to email me morgan@kineticmc.com.

JED
Report Abuse

Hi Diane,

We also use Asana and it works well for us. I am currently looking for a better resource management integration to overlay however. As we get busier I want to see at a glance how heavy each resource or teams workload is so I can make better management and hiring decisions. Would welcome any suggestions... Rizen - what do you guys use? Misty - does Monday.com do this?

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):