logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Color Lasers

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
3 posts
Member 389
Report Abuse

At our agency, we bill clients for in-house color laser printing. Clients are charged for any color printouts over the course of a project's design and layout. This charge has been around for as long as I can remember, but I have heard client complaints about it recently. I am curious if other agencies are still charing for this. Is this something your agency bills to a client?

Krista
Report Abuse

Yes, we bill our clients for this. We bill $1/color printout. I'd be curious to hear how other agencies deal with this and if they charge their clients, what they charge.

ted2568
Report Abuse

For us, we just quote in a budget on all jobs for these type of expenses/materials in the quote but it is not broken out. We feel this is our "cost of goods". This way, we cover costs but  it's invisible to the client. I could see where the client might want to manage it if you make it a line item. They'll want to police "printing in excess" or over charging in the way you are billing them.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):