logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:
AE College: Spring

Travel guidelines/per diem

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
5 posts
Krista
Report Abuse

We are starting to have more employees travel, so we want to put together some guidelines regarding how much they can spend on food, transportation, etc. If anyone has any guidelines they are willing to share, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks!

KathyPetroraio
Report Abuse

Wow, nobody seems to be responding to you. I'll tell you that we don't have a per diem. We assume our people are being responsible with the company's money. We require receipts after the employee spends their own money. Then we reimburse them. We do have 2 guidelines. We won't pay for alcohol and we won't reimburse them for any more than 15% tips. They can tip more if they want and they can have a drink with dinner if they want, but they know they won't be reimbursed for it. I don't think this really helps you, but I thought maybe my response would get the ball rolling for you. Good Luck, Kathy

Karla Powell
Report Abuse

We don't have a per diem policy set. Like Kathy we trust our employees to keep expenses reasonable. If something comes in that seems out of line, we discuss it to find out their reason for a large expense. Sorry for not being more help. Good luck!

Rod Starns
Report Abuse

Krista, we have some detailed guidelines I'd be happy to send you. I'll look for your email on your website.

lauriekay
Report Abuse

Hi Krista:

I sent this to you via email but thought others could benefit from it, too. We have a travel policy in the forms library along with some other sample wording, https://www.secondwindonline.com/office-policies

Laurie

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):