logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:
Planning for Agency Succession

Training as Incentive

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
2 posts
JED
Report Abuse

Hi guys,

I have a particularly talented young employee (2 years out of school - multifaceted team player) that I'd like to proactively invest in. I'm looking for something that will add tangible benefit to the company, sure, but I really want the investment to feel meaningful, and actually be directly valuable to the employee. I've been weighing paying for a PMP certification course/exam and/or a trip to a big national convention somewhere fun but am open to suggestions and entirely new ideas as well.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

~ Jenn

terry4182
Report Abuse

Hi JED - we work a training/development figure into our annual budget, and let the individual employee research opportunities and bring it to their supervisor for review. Many of these have been out of town conferences, which the team likes of course. Sometimes they try to make a bleisure trip out of it so be ready for that. And, when they return, we like to have them present what they've learned to the full agency in a lunch and learn session. I also think it's important to build a continuous training/development program internally, so everybody grows. Hard to pull off when you're busy but important. I think both of your ideas are solid.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):