logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Placing TV Spots Via Google

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
3 posts
Member 2539
Report Abuse

A client is planning to place 30-second TV spots through Google. What has your experience been placing spots through Google vs. working directly with TV stations? Their budget is small. It's been quite awhile since we've placed radio or TV, so I don't know what the latest thinking is. I know that media reps in our area work hard to provide attractive options. However, this would not be a local buy; it would be targeted to specific cities/states on the west coast. Thanks for any thoughts/guidance you can share!

lauriekay
Report Abuse

Hi Ellen:

Here’s a link to a short article that provides some interesting insight on the process:
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=143959

I don't have any specific feedback from other members but Google TV is like anything else, the proof will be in the results. If your client wants to try it, they should give it a shot but watch the results very closely. I also recommend that they don’t sink their entire budget into Google TV in case the placements are a bomb. Since Google TV is an auction/ bid situation they may find that their budget doesn’t go as far as they would like. Higher bidders will get better placement. They may be disappointed if they don’t want to bid competitively.

Google TV seems to be a good fit for local placement but your client will need to see what inventory is available in their markets of choice. Google TV has access to a wide variety of inventory but there are definitely some holes.

If the available inventory, bid and target demo all seem to mesh with your clients needs then it’s worth a test drive. Google does have great tracking capabilities so your client will be able to see pretty quickly whether it’s working.

Talk to you soon,

Laurie

Member 2539
Report Abuse

Thanks, Laurie! This was a very helpful for me, since I haven't done this before.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):