logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:
AE College: Spring

Email Marketing Software Options

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
6 posts
Hailey Cassidy
Report Abuse

Hello everyone!

We have been using Constant Contact for our Email Marketing software for years now and have been satisfied with it until the last year or so and especially recently. They have been cracking down more and more on the capabilities and they are basically taking away a lot of creative freedom. Does anyone have a suggestion for a software they use that allows them to basically do anything creatively? We don't want to be held back anymore by this software. Some things we are looking for with the new software are as follows: the ability to upload our own complete designs, the use of interactive elements like snow falling on a page, and the ease of adding buttons wherever we want on the blast. Thank you in advance for the help!

marykate1165
Report Abuse

Hailey,

We use Mail Chimp and find it is much better than Constant Contact, Exact Target etc. for designing and performance tracking. I know we've done things like countdown clocks and snow falling in emails but I can get you specifics when I am back in the office next week to give some more insight. Thank you, Mary Kate

Lisa Kemerer
Report Abuse

Hailey,

We use Pardot and Act-on which provide the option to paste in your own HTML. I'll check with our developer team on interactive elements - i'm sure things like animated gifs would work but i'm not sure about falling snowflakes.

Cheers, Lisa

Hailey Cassidy
Report Abuse

Thank you so much Mary Kate and Lisa! All of your information is so helpful. We've been thinking about switching to Mail Chimp and it seems to have the capabilities we are looking for, but I am open to trying anything. Mary Kate, I would so greatly appreciate you posting the specifics when you get back to the office so I know what kind of capabilities there are. Lisa, that would be amazing if you could post what you find out from your developer team!

JeffKlingberg
Report Abuse

Hailey ... Have you investigated marketing automation and tools like SharpSpring or ActiveDemand to name a couple? All of the marketing automation platforms include behavioral-based and standard email. SharpSpring also has a platform that would compete with Constant Contact, Emma, MailChimp and all of the other ESPs.  It appears to be priced competitively with the ESPs.

robin435
Report Abuse

We are having difficulty with SharpSpring, specifically emails and are looking at other options.  We also use Campaign Monitor.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):