logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

D&B Rating

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
5 posts
Darlene
Report Abuse

Has anyone gone through the process of obtaining a Dunn & Bradstreet rating for their agency?  We are considering it more for business development reasons than for obtaining credit. Potential clients seem to be asking more often for financial stability indicators. We have a very limited profile as most of our vendors are not reporting to D&B on us. D&B wants to charge us about $1300 to help us build our profile by doing a background check and contacting our vendors for payment data.

Thoughts?

lauriekay
Report Abuse

Hi Darlene:

Having a complete record with D&B is a good idea and I know they offer services to help you complete the missing data. However, you may want to try and do some of it yourself through their website. I updated our record about 4 years ago through the following interface, https://iupdate.dnb.com

It was a little frustrating since I needed to have a variety of information available to complete the profile but I do not remember paying anything to do it myself. I'm not sure how far you can get on your own versus having them do it, but it may be worth a look.

Laurie

Darlene
Report Abuse

Thank you Laurie for your comment.  I will definitely look into that.  I felt like I was being "sold" something when I talked to D&B.

SarahWhisson
Report Abuse

We pay about $400/year - they definitely try to upsell their services, but in order to get a D&B rating, you just need the basics.  We have noticed that they ask for our D&B # in every RFP lately, so it is good to have, but not worth $1300!

Darlene
Report Abuse

Thank you Sarah for your comment. (I don't know why I don't get a notification when someone comments on my questions!)

D&B quoted me $599 for them to do a lien, background etc. check.  The remainder of the fee was for them to contact our vendors to encourage them to post a rating on us.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):