logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

Sharpspring

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
7 posts
Suzanne Alford
Report Abuse

Is anyone using Sharpspring? Have you been successful selling it to your clients?

Hot Pink, Ink
Report Abuse

We haven't used Sharpspring but have looked at it recently and would also like to know more about it, how it works, and specifically what the reporting capabilities are.

Member 7844
Report Abuse

I used Sharpspring at my last agency (under 35 staff) and was pretty pleased with it. Like any marketing automation and CRM it takes a bit to learn all the ins and outs but their training is pretty good and their staff helpful. I liked it because it was far cheaper than similar software. It's not as robust as a Hubspot or Pardot, but it's also more manageable for a one-person sales and marketing team. We never tried or intended to sell it to clients so I can't speak to that. We'd like to get it at my current agency but need to budget for it. At present, we don't have any clients we would sell it to.

lauriekay
Report Abuse

They spoke at our SAIL principal's meeting in FL in 2017 and I was impressed by the system. It was definitely built with smaller agencies in mind. Following is a link to the presentation they gave which is a hybrid of educational information and details about the product. I think it's worth investigating if your agency or your clients have a need.

https://www.secondwindonline.com/library/public/SAIL2017-Presentations/HyperPersonalization.pdf

Laurie

Jimmy warren
Report Abuse

We subscribe to Sharpspring and I concur with Sherry.  Although not as robust as Hubspot, it can still be be complex and time consuming.It definitely takes some time to learn the program and all the capabilities.  Because of that, we haven't used it as much as we had hoped.  We have a client that we have used it with as a trial and that client is to the point that it has proven useful enough and ramped up enough to start paying for the service.  The Sharpspring staff have been very helpful but it is not simple.  The major drawback for us is Sharpspring is not compatible with web sites such as Wix.  it has to be a Wordpress site or something similar.  We have numerous clients who's website is Wix or Weebly and we can't use Sharpspring.  If Sharpspring was compatible for some of these sites it would be much more useful to us.

David Sauter
Report Abuse

We are using and reselling to clients.  Much more affordable than other options, so good start and we think possible long term play in the Inbound market.  They are doing a good job of developing and adding the right features.  Still lacking in some basic CRMish areas and we find Leadfeeder is stronger on the reverse IP lookup and visitor identification.  But I am bullish on their plan and progress in this space.

John J. Fitzgerald
Report Abuse

We've been using SharpSpring for 20 months and have 4 clients currently on the platform as well as use it for own agency marketing.  I've used more robust marketing automation platforms in the past (Eloqua) but SharpSpring has the most important features at a fraction of the cost of Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, etc.  The company's customer support is the best I've seen from any technology platform I've used in 20 years in the digital marketing space.  New features can sometimes be buggy, but I give the company props for being responsive and fixing them, and in general listening to customer feedback.  I was very upset about the company's draconian engagement-based suppression policy (even writing to Rick Carlson, the CEO) and the company eventually created an opt-out for those with a good sender reputation.  The company is very focused on making their agency partners successful since 90+% of their sales are to agencies, not direct to companies.  The on boarding process is very comprehensive, but like any marketing automation product requires a commitment to ongoing staff training and usage to be successful.  Highly recommend.  I would be happy to followup with any additional information needed.

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):