logo

Forums allow you you to communicate directly with other Second Wind members and receive their advice or guidance on any topic. This is a great way to tap into the power of our community which includes thousands of agency principals and employees.

Add a new Topic
Select Category:

8 Hour Daily Requirement & Mandatory Agency Time Tracking

FORUMS

• Recent Posts
  • Most Recent
  • Most Active
  • Categories
4 posts
Brady McFadden
Report Abuse

Hello! We have a current requirement of all salary staff that they work/record a minimum of 8 hours a day. This can be all agency time if they are a support/ops person or a blend of client/agency time should they be in a service-based rule. We also require that staff record their agency time in a detailed manner over a myriad of internal jobs. For example, if an Art Director logged 5 hours of time for client billable work in a day but had 3 hours of agency time (they'd track time over their work for meetings, company branding, team training, etc). All of the time is tracked in a detailed manner with comments of their completed work via our management system (Workamajig).

I am hoping to find a few agencies that I can connect with that do not have a daily hours requirement or that do not have staff track agency time. I look forward to hearing from you in the forum!

Thank you,

- Brady McFadden

VP, Client Services

FARM

NatalieWayte
Report Abuse

We don't have a daily requirement but we do track agency time and expect employees to record about 40 hours per week.

Diane A
Report Abuse

Hi Brady,

Curious if you found anyone that fits into what you were looking for with regards to not tracking hours/requiring them.

Diane Abig

Director of Operations

Envano

Taryn Brandel
Report Abuse

Hi Brady,

This isn't the case where I am now but at a previous agency I worked at we did NOT have a daily requirement for hours. Obviously the goal was to hit 8 hours but sometimes that just doesn't happen. In lieu of that, we would run a report at the end of every month to see how much of a creative's time was billable versus non-billable. As long as they were above the threshold, we had no issues. We'd also look closely at what they were billing their agency time for so making comments on the timesheets was imperative. Hope this helps!

Please to use this feature.
posts for website administrator (optional):